Monday 12 April 2010

I've come so far...I'm tired!

Sometimes in life, we focus on a certain project...and we put our all into it and we have come so far that we feel we have nothing else to give, that we don't have the energy to get over that last hurdle. We feel defeated, and it's at this point where we start to doubt ourselves, doubt our motives, doubt our capabilities and ask ourselves questions like -
'Is it worth it?', 'Can I really be bothered?', 'So what if I don't do this...?'... even worse, we persuade ourselves to do a half-hearted job because we cant be bothered! Not good!

Given all the work we've put in, surely that is even more reason to jump *high* and *hard* over that last hurdle... surely otherwise all the blood, sweat and tears, wont be worth a thing...and then we'd feel really silly, right?!

It's at these times, when we just DO NOT HAVE THE ENERGY or even the will to complete (or to complete well), that we need to pray! I know I did last night!!! Of course we should always be praying and praising BUT is it not when we are weak that God makes us strong?

Surely then, today, when I am beyonnnnd exhausted, this is the day to swallow my pride (stupid pride!) and say 'God - I can't do this without your help...please guide me, and give me strength. Please keep my eyes open, my mind open, my thoughts sharp and renew my energy. Help me to do the VERY best that I can do, in Your name.'

This is my prayer for the week...

Philippians 4:6-7


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

It also goes out to a few other 'to remain nameless' folk, who I know are feeling the same way today and also to all those who are feeling this way, but who I don't know! : )

Let's hang in there, whatever our 'projects' might be...we can do it!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this verse. It is so apt right now. Sometimes I just feel like 'you know what, I cannot be bothered with this right now', but I need to keep going.

    Thanks for this. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...